We have an exciting job opportunity for a Receptionist, to form part of a great team and business. The successful candidate must be dedicated and committed to learning new skills on the job. The Receptionist is most likely to be the first engagement point for all non-staff individuals. It is important that the ideal candidate create a positive first impression when interacting with guests, customers and non-staff entering the reception area.
Responsibilities and functions
- In a friendly manner greet and welcome guests entering the reception area.
- Record particulars for all non-staff individuals, by means of adhering to the safety and security procedures.
- Notify staff when their guest arrives, or if a walk-in customer requested to meet a specific staff member.
- Direct guests to the guest room, while they wait to be assisted.
- Keep personnel and supplier contact details updated.
- Obtain and sign for any deliveries at the reception desk and distribute them to the corresponding personnel.
- Be available to answer telephone calls and emails at the reception desk, forward emails, or transfer calls.
- Record and relay messages precisely and in a prompt manner.
- Assist with administrative and clerical responsibilities.
- Aid with ad-hoc and miscellaneous tasks when needed.
Competencies and skills
- Good communication abilities.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Computer literate.